Monday, December 7, 2009

The Butterfly Effect


Oh my, have you ever seen a prettier thing than this butterfly hat by Lil Jen? I bet you haven't. And if you think you have, which like I said, I totally bet you haven't, well show me the evidence.

Of course the problem with butterflies in the great outdoors is that they only last five minutes. Or three days. Or something. Which is sad, whichever way you look at it (even in a glass half full sort of a way). And even those paltry few hours are fraught with danger; there are all those pre-Nintendo kids, the ones in the alternate reality, trying to catch them with their butterfly nets. When it's cold, they can't fly (the insects; not the kids). They taste stuff through their feet (eeek!). And don't even get me started on the sinister Victorian botanist with his pins and boards. I bet Charles Darwin killed butterflies.

Being a real butterfly kinda sucks. Being a fake one on this hat, however, is one word: good.

Lil Jen Butterfly hat, $385, from Mrs. Press Dressing Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment