Thursday, March 11, 2010

Confessions of a Workaholic #1


So work/life balance...what's that then? My entire life is work. I'm tired to my bones. And that's not very glamorous is it?

This week I feel like a Yorkshire miner going down't pit all hours for nowt but a rock hard lump of grey bread and some dripping. Because the problem with working for yourself, apart from the fact that you have to take the bins out and make the tea and design everything and sell everything and pay for everything, is that the last one to get paid is you.

Oh and that is never ends. So you're emailing at 11pm and you wake up at 5am worrying about whether the waist bands on your tulle skirts are going to be wonky or not. Jaded? Moi? No, but tired.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Clare you sound so tired, let me know if you need any help!

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. People think that working for yourself is so liberating. Thanks for telling it like it is. Very telling - "the last one to get paid is you" - and so true of all self-made businesses. Hang in there. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete