Friday, May 14, 2010

INTO THE WARM: STUFF FROM MY HOUSE IN COLOURS I ADORE






I'm starting to think about designing Winter 2011. It's lovely when the new season turns up at your place and sets down roots. I can see them growing into the cutest little 1930s-inspired jackets with darling pleated peplums; all sorts of draped necks and leg-o'-mutton sleeves, dramatic curves, swooshy long lines...

So the question is: paint it black? As usual. Or drench it in the crumbling tones of the Venetian pallazzo I call home in my dreams? I looked around my house this evening, and I spied with my little eye...rich tones hiding in all sorts of corners.

And then I realised it: that all the soft, aged colours I adore in my home would perk up a winter wardrobe rather wonderfully. Hello sunshine! Hello pearl, egg shell, copper, mint, vintage glass, flamingo, burnished gold, Hello Pocahantas blue.

What say you?

2 comments:

  1. Says I: excited! Love your pearl collection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes add some colour! we all need a lift in winter xx

    ReplyDelete