Friday, August 20, 2010

ENRICHED LIST



One of the things I'm always thinking about is how graceful living and the pursuit of beauty can enrich the day to day. It might be not save lives, but a bowl of garden roses or serving a chocolate ├ęclair on a beautiful bone china plate can have an instant, and joyous, impact on your mood and the mood of those around you.

Style, grooming, lovely manners, entertaining beautifully, fostering a sense of elegance… these things can enhance not just the face you present to the world but the one that stares back at you from the mirror when you are alone. And they don’t cost a thing. Of course it’s not all about the surface – you’d want to be working in the substance too - but I don’t think we should dismiss the frosting.

When I was approached about the American Express Enriched List, which appears in the Good Weekend today, it struck a chord. I thought, yes that’s me. (I also thought, yay, my grandpop-in-law will see the picture and be impressed; he does so love to see a grandchild in the paper!!)

The Enriched List is a diverse collection of stories from "people who are using their skills, talents and dreams to give more out, get more back and realise their potential " - their words, not mine! It's an honour and thrill to be included. But the best bit for me is reading about all the other people involved. I love the story behind Sound School - their fund raiser gig as at Beach Road Hotel in Bondi tonight if you can get there. And Kate Gibbs' book The Thrifty Kitchen is my new favourite - an absolute joy. Anyway, you can watch interviews with the list lot on the Facebook sight www.facebook.com/enrichedlist You can also post about what enrichment means to you. Go on. You know you want to.

With love,
Mrs. Press
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare,

    I like the glittery vest you're wearing. is it part of your collection? Where can I buy one.

    Regards~charryann@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete