Saturday, August 14, 2010
This time, international gems possessed of style courage for the ages. In no particular order.
You know those non-Proust questionnaires which invariably ask you who you'd like to sit next to on Concorde? If Concorde was still flying. Well, make mine an aisle seat surrounded by each and every one of these, my all-time top favourite fashion inspirations.
10. Tilda Swinton. Wondrously eerie and androgynous whether in draped odes to Fortuny or modern-as-hell Viktor & Rolf.
9. Oh Daphne! If I could live in anybody's wardrobe for a day, it would be that of Ms. Guinness.
8. Carmen Dell'Orifice is a billion times more beautiful than starlets quarter her age. Please, miss, may I borrow those cheekbones?
7. Vivienne Westwood. Wacky and wonderful, the carrot-topped first lady of fashion craziness gets my vote.
6. Is it a bird? It is a plane? Nope, it's Anna Piaggi. I know, I know, I've said it before. But I'll say it again soon so get used to it. Anna = pure sartorial genius.
5. I've no interest in Kate Moss. Karen Elson, on the other hand, now there's a model.
4. Oh, and Freja.
3. Do you mind awfully if I have a dead one? Or is that very bad form? If not, my pick's Lisa Fonssagrives.
2. Debbie Harry. The best rock chick. Ever
1. Natalie Portman. Just because she's elegant and cute in a sea of slutty Hollywood blondes.
Images, from top: Freja Beha Erichsen in Harper's Bazaar; Blondie; Karen; Viv; Carmen on the catwalk; Daphne in Vogue.
Posted by Mrs Press at 6:47 PM