Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Sometimes we all need to curl up on the sofa with a cup of green tea and My Secrets by Joan Collins (Viking). Joan is fabulous with a capital F. When I was a kid, my dad rather fancied Joan so my mum made a fuss about how tarty she was. Not the right sort of woman at all...tut tut. And I agreed. Until recently. Now that I've re-discovered our Joan I am totally smitten. Too much make-up, too much cleavage, too much jewellery, bad leotards and all. Tarty? A tad. Flashy too, but, oh my, doesn't she look marvellous with a pile of bananas? These days I recognise that too much is never enough. I'll have what she's having please.
Joan's Top Ten Tips for "remaining healthy, youthful and vital for ever:
1. You are as young as your mind. Think young - embrace new ideas and philosophies
2. Exercise often
3. Laugh a lot
4. Eat as much raw food as you can. Only eat when you are hungry
5. Maintain your appearance. You should be proud of how you look
6. Drink a litre and a half of water between meals every day
7. Stop smoking
8. Love someone
9. Have a glass of wine
10. Appreciate the beauty that still exists in this world around us."
Hear, hear, lady!
Posted by Mrs Press at 3:39 AM