Thursday, October 7, 2010

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, SWANNING ABOUT LIKE YOU OWN THE PLACE?






So last week we shot the utterly beautiful Joanna from Australia's Next Top Model and she reminded me so vividly of the Jacqueline de Ribes with her super-long and graceful swan neck. Then my friend Fleur sent me a thank you card featuring a pair of swans gliding elegantly along their watery runway. It got me thinking how much I adored Bjork's Marjan Pejoski swan dress, which so many tabloid hacks failed to understand. A dress with a neck like a swan! Genius! So now I'm obsessed with swans. Which is handy because fashion's sure to be having a swan moment some time soon, what with Natalie Portman playing a dancer in Black Swan. Do you know swans mate for life? Lovely...

Pics from top:
de Ribes by Richard Avedon; Portman's dark bird, crazy beautiful Bjork in that dress; Natalia Vodianova as seen in US Vogue; graceful girl-most-likely Joanna shot by Zanita.

2 comments:

  1. Magpies mate for life too, but Bjork in a magpie dress would just be scary! And I can't see "Magpie Lake" being much of a hit, either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO going to design a Magpie dress and send it to her. One with a perky little white cap and an angry beady eye.

    ReplyDelete