Saturday, March 26, 2011

V-8 ACTION & ICY INSPIRATION




My brother in law's sensational birthday dinner the other day was finished off with the vanilla V-8 cake from Adriano Zumbo. This cult confection was ordered by my BIL's delightful girlfriend, Khemeny. Talk about devotion. We're talking 8 sugar-loaded layers (and yes, I cribbed this off Zumbo's website) of Vanilla Crème Chantilly, Toasted Vanilla Brûlee, Vanilla Water Gel, Vanilla Ganache, Brown Sugar Crumble, Vanilla Macaron, Vanilla Dacquoise, Vanilla Chiffon Cake and Vanilla Almond Crunch, and, assembled, it kind of looked like the Alexander McQueen A/W '11/'12 collection. Plus it was almost as hard to get hold off - the V8 is only available during certain weeks of the year, and there's a crazy wait-list. Trust me to see fashion in a bloody cake...

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like one amazing cake! I love the photos you put up, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete