Monday, October 17, 2011

PARTIES ON MY MIND

Cecil Beaton's classic shot is my all-time fave inspiration. Gown up!!

So why am I in the party mood? #1 Because it's rolling on summer. #2 Because I just went to the 90th birthday bash of one of my favouite men in the world (my grandfather-in-law). 90! And it was rocking. #3 Because I'm about to launch my book, The Dressing Table, in which there is an entire chapter about parties, and for which I will be throwing one. Or two. In fact as many as I can get away with.
Herewith, classic party dressing inspiration:

Invite fun guests...

Grayson Perry, Serpentine
Marchesa Luisa Casati lighting up 1920s Venice


Giddy up Bianca



Dress to the nines...
Daphne Guinness at the McQueen launch at the Met









Don't forget your furry guests might wish to dress up too...

Norman Parkinson's ultra chic take

No comments:

Post a Comment