Tuesday, January 10, 2012

LETTER OF THE WEEK!

Without doubt the nicest thing about writing a book is getting feedback from readers. I've had the most beautiful emails & notes from people who have bought, stumbled upon, been given or sought out The Dressing Table, and they have made my days. I hope Donna doesn't mind me sharing hers here - it's just so fabulous. I love the idea of her shopping for the green dress, not to mention the fact that her pets bought her the book - sounds like me!! THANK YOU DONNA, AND THANK YOU ALL MY REALLY RIDICULOUSLY WONDERFUL READERS. X
Amanda Ware shot by Cara Stricker


Hey Clare,
One morning a few weeks before Christmas I was shopping for gifts when I stumbled upon your book. The cover was beautiful so I flicked through it (I know, never judge a book by it's cover!). I was in a hurry so I put it back down to run off to an appointment. For the rest of the day I kept thinking about the beautiful pictures so I went back and bought a copy for my friend and one for myself.

I wrapped my copy and put it under the Christmas tree (with a tag indicating it was a Christmas gift for me from my pets; sad but true). I used all of my will power not to unwrap the book early and start reading it before Christmas morning and it was worth the wait.

I loved the photos and enjoyed every word written. I loved the message that it is okay to love beautiful things and wear them with confidence. The day after I finished the book (I could not go out anywhere during the first and second reading or really concentrate on conversations with Christmas visitors during this time) I put on some clothes, which normally would never see the light of day and went out shopping. I began with trying on hats and ended with buying a beautiful green dress.

Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment