Thursday, August 9, 2012

GINGER & SMART JACKET JOY!

So I make pretty frocks but I rarely make a jacket. As such I'm obsessed with finding the right jacket that will work over jeans and a tee or a silk tank, as well as it does over a vintage dress or a classic LBD or little shorts.

The last one I fell for was yonks ago, literally in the Dark Ages, from Scanlan & Theodore. I've had it for aeons, and I'm still wearing it. Frankly it's been making me cross. I need a new jacket, God damn it! I've been dreaming about jackets- Clare walks into room full of high-powered editors in amazing jackets from the new Balmain and Nina Ricci collections, jackets that somehow help them to dance like they're on Sarah Snook's Dance film...until they clap eyes on her and start to wail in horror-movie slow-mo style "Where is your jacket, you un-stylish woman, you? Whereeeee-oh-where?" Then I wake up in a cold sweat, wearing NOTHING BUT A PYJAMA JACKET. No wonder I'm traumatized.

Ginger & Smart 'Ricochet Jacket' to the rescue!








Check out my AMAZEBALLS new jacket. It's bloody brilliant, from its navy silk body lining to its SHOCKING PINK SLEEVE LINING (you can turn back the cuffs for a flash of eye-popping colour). It's cut with devilish brilliance, hugging the shoulders and waist and kicking out at the back into an asymmetric mini-peplum. And the cloth is a sort of slubby charcoal-midnight navy deliciousness that goes with everything. I am in heaven. It is a (good) dream come true.

































http://www.shop.gingerandsmart.com/Products/FASHION/JACKET.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment